Saturday, November 13, 2010

week twenty-nine

Sock Monkey Hat for Xander & a new born Santa Hat

This week I finished Xander's Sock Monkey Hat to match his Sock Monkey. We were supposed to make a run to Home Depot... but xander INSISTED that I finish his hat. Now normally I don't give into the whims.. or demands of a 2 year old.. but let's be honest, I wanted to show off what I had been working soo hard on this week. And wouldn't ya know it.......... people noticed it!! I even got a few orders for one! It pays to have your kids advertise for you, right?! I was just too pleased with how it came out. Xander even let me photograph him. Most times he's up for pictures of Xander... but lately who knows.. the changing times of a 2 year old....
This time HE reminded ME that I had to take pictures.. apparently I've been making a lot of things and photographing them- I usually ask for his help so the process goes faster [instead of trying to keep him away]. This "photo session" was a blast! Xander is such a silly and inventive kid! love it!!
{I asked him to show me his hat and this is what I got}
{I have no clue what he was doing here, but kept moving his has back and forth like this LOL!}

{This is his "show me your smile!"}
Cameron also phoned me this week while at work an had an order for me. It was a RUSH order and had to be done within a few days.... so I JUMPED on it! I have a few other orders that I was working on so I really felt the pressure to crank this out and get it delivered. [esp since this week was his last at work until after the new year!]
A co-worker wanted a Santa Hat as a gift for a newborn baby. I single crocheted it and {MAN}! that took a long time! half doubles for me next time! Here is the little hat:



week 29: complete
# projects: 2
weeks to go: 3
cumulative project count: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment