Saturday, September 11, 2010

week twenty

D day is coming up very fast and I still don't have a birthing skirt. Purchasing them online or in a store is pretty expensive esp since I wont wear it any other time than labor and birth of my child. Being a crafty type, I'll be making my own. There are not very many [or very good] instructions online on how to do one, so I'm pretty much winging it. The mock-up will be made out of light weight upholstery fabric, because I have a ton of it laying around the house. For the actual one, I might go and buy fabric but who knows.

What is a birthing skirt, you ask? It's a skirt you wear while birthing your baby- whether you are birthing in the hospital, birthing center or at home. It helps make you feel feminine and gives coverage. I can't stand the gowns that they make you wear at the hospital, I'm not a sick person, why do I have to wear the sick person gown? Anyhow, I'm birthing using the Hypnobirthing method in a big jacuzzi tub at Best Start Birth Center and I want to make sure I am stylish :) Comfort and style.... and a healthy baby boy...

week 20: complete
# projects: 1
weeks to go: 13
cumulative project count: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment